EARLY HEAD START
Early Head Start is an early child development no cost program that serves families with infants and toddlers, and pregnant women through both home-based and center-based options. Early Head Start recognizes parents/guardians as their children’s primary teachers and implements intentional strategies to engage parents in their children’s learning and development and support parent-child relationships, including specific strategies for father engagement.
We collaborate with families in a family partnership process that identifies needs, interests, strengths, goals, and services and resources that support family well-being, including family safety, health, and economic stability.
Pregnant women receive prenatal education and support, assistance in accessing prenatal care, breastfeeding support, and all other program services.
- Families receive one 90 minutes home visit per week from out Family Child Educators who is trained in the research-based Parents as Teachers curriculum.
- Parents participate in learning activities designed to enhance their child’s learning and receive information and support on parenting issues, as well as resource and referral information.
- Families and expecting families have an opportunity to attend Socialization with other children and families twice per month.
- Home visits are available in Spanish and English.
- Regular attendance is expected.